Firefox 2.0 parallel install

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Oct 29 19:54:08 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 29 octobre 2006 à 13:23 +0000, Dimitris Glezos a écrit :

> O/H Nicolas Mailhot έγραψε:

> > The "right" solution would probably consist of a mix of :
> > This is major work and so far just installing everything has proved
> > easier. The problem is known since before FC was born.
>
> Nicholas, these are very interesting ideas and it would be a shame for them to
> get burried in the list's archive. I don't know what the overhead/gain would be,
> but couldn't something like this also potentially save us space in the ISOs?

I doubt it, you'd win more by teaching apps to use the same
spellcheckers format & files

> Maybe it would be a good idea to put these kind of opinions/brainstormings on
> the wiki page à la live.gnome. Much better for future reference than list archives.

Feel free to put/copy/adapt it in the wiki if you want. Though IMHO it's
highly unlikely people will invest in such a deep change just to save a
few bytes on disk (maybe if it impacts OLPC…)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot