yum clean all

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Oct 31 16:42:38 UTC 2006

Steve G wrote:
>> Cleaning just the enabled repositories is a feature, not a bug
>
> I wonder if that should be "yum clean enabled"  or  maybe we should have a "yum
> clean disabled". Seems like "all" should really mean all.

The "all" refers to what to clean in the enabled repositories (e.g.
alternatives to "all" include "packages" and "metadata"), not the
repositories to be cleaned. There are already the
--enablerepo/--disablerepo options for specifying repos, so I think yum
is consistent and correct in what it does at the moment.

Paul.