Standardising firefox plugin installation

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Mon Sep 4 07:48:12 UTC 2006

I am a loyal "epiphany" user too, and yesterday I tried out "gnash" by
installing "gnash-0.7.1-7.fc6.i386.rpm" and
"gnash-plugin-0.7.1-7.fc6.i386.rpm".After closing all "epiphany" windows and opening a new one, "about:plugins"
showed the "gnash" plugin in the very first line.
The plugin actually does something on a "flash" animated web page although
not quite what it is meant to do ...
Anyway, it was not a matter of not getting picked up at all. The "gnash"
plugin lives in the same "/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins" directory as the other
plugins, e.g. installed by "totem".
My system is a "rawhide" system as of 2006-09-03. I hence assume the problem
is related to your particular setup.