possible yast porting? was: slashdot on fedora-marketing-list

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Sep 4 11:06:41 UTC 2006

Christoph Thiel wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
>
>> Christoph Thiel wrote:

>>> That's just not true! Neither YaST nor SuSEconfig should touch files that
>>> you have changed manually. If they do, that's a bug and needs to be fixed.
>> Okay, so it's buggy - doesn't help it's case in my book
>
> Could you please be a bit more specific? Anyway, I don't think this is the
> right forum to discuss this.
>

> Regards
> 	Christoph

Right. I'm just saying that YaST is not good enough in my world.

Also some things may have changed. But unless you do a SuSEconfig when
changing YaST controlled files manually, stuff will happen later on.

One of my first problems with this was my bootloader being reconfigured
after adding a soundcard! Not good enough.

Anyway. This is not something that I really want to discuss. I'me merely
communicating my personal opinion of this tool.

/Thomas