My favorite pet bug (2004): Yum mishandles Ctrl-C

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 20:44:04 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 16:29, Richard Hally wrote:
> If you were to separate the list of packages to be updated into multiple
> smaller transactions so that package A would have its cleanup operation
> follow its update operation and then the next *transaction* would update
> and cleanup the next package, one transaction would not affect the other.
> Of course, dependencies would have to be accommodated by including them
> in the proper transaction.  But that would still allow unrelated
> packages to be in separate "transactions."

This type of logic would have to go into RPM as its RPM that knows in which
order to install the packages (and thus the broken up package sets).  Yum
should continue to be able to hand rpm a complete list of packages to
install, rpm should handle that set in a safe way.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora