[Yum] Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

Peter Eriksen s022018 at student.dtu.dk
Wed Sep 13 09:28:45 UTC 2006

Hi list,

Recently I started getting the following error on Rawhide, when trying
to update using yum:

[peter at localhost ~]$ su -c 'yum update'
Password:
Deprecated constant TYPE_INTERFACE during plugin initialization.
Please use TYPE_INTERACTIVE instead.
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-5.91.1 error was
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:13:15 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:45:35 GMT
ETag: "109cab-105b-4507c52f"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
[peter at localhost ~]$

My development section of the repository configuration is:

======== /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-development.repo =====
[development]
name=Fedora Core - Development
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

I don't get any responses to "ping download.fedora.redhat.com", and my
internet connection works otherwise.

Did the download servers disappear, or is the problem on my end?  What
do I put in "baseurl" to make things work again?

Regards,

Peter