The *scrapping* of setjmp/longjmp :-(

Ulrich Drepper drepper at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 17:26:27 UTC 2006

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:
> what I would like to know is why did support for the JMPBUF
> mechanism suddenly get removed from GLIBC without any regard to existing
> applications that strongly depend on it.

The jmpbuf implementation is and has always been an implementation
detail which is not available to application.  The structure or the
constants to access it were only exposed because of historic accidents.
 In the older days we didn't hide the details.

But your $SUBJECT is of course wrong and deliberately confrontational.
Nobody removed setjmp and longjmp.  The interfaces are all there.  You
just cannot use them in an incorrect way anymore.

Fix your application.