FC5->FC6T3 (DVD) upgrade dies. Time to consider test4? (Was: Yum upgrade?)

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Sep 19 02:08:49 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 11:01 +0900, Naoki wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 22:05 +0000, Bojan Smojver wrote:

> > I would personally be happy with the state of Rawhide being fixed to the point
> > that FC5 to Rawhide upgrade works, possibly both from an image and via "yum
> > upgrade". That would probably be sufficient to guarantee that the release works
> > as well.

> Upgrades have always worked in the past, while it has never been
> "officially supported", and there have been issues with it from time to
> time requiring some hoop jumping it's always been possible. I'd
> certainly want to maintain that functionality.

Actually, upgrades from official stable releases to official stable
releases IS supported, as that is how it's suppose to work.  And from
FC5 to rawhide is a supported upgrade and *is suppose* to work (whether
it does or not as we are in testing mode is a different story, well OK
at this point in the testing it should.  But you get my point.)

Err, let me clarify, doing an upgrade via CD, DVD, ISO, using anaconda
or maybe kickstart is supported, not just yum upgrade (guess I could be
wrong on that one as well?).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"