wake-up from suspend

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 20:10:41 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 21:40 +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 September 2006 20:48, Richard Hughes wrote:
>
> > <!-- T42p confirmed by Joe Shaw, T41p by Christoph Thiel (both 2373) -->
>        ^^^^                                                      ^^^^
> > <match key="smbios.system.product" contains="2371">
>                                                ^^^^
> >   <match key="smbios.system.version" string="ThinkPad X40">
>                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Is the comment really for the commented data?

Hmm. I see what you mean. I've just converted the data from the suspend
project so there may be typos like this.

> > When FC6 is released, I hope we can start working on full pm-utils
> > integration for suspend and resume.
>
> What are the advantages of pm-utils against s2ram, s2disk and s2both? Will
> there be support for suspending to cryptsetup-luks encrypted swap? Or is this
> something another package must take care of?

pm-utils is basically a way of doing "stuff" before and after a suspend
or hibernate.

See http://hughsient.livejournal.com/764.html for a description of what
it does. I'm pretty sure the actual mechanism for suspending can
switched, but I'm not sure about that.

Richard.