todays rawhide segfaults ipv6

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Sep 21 06:46:01 UTC 2006

> Louis Garcia (louisg00 at bellsouth.net) said:
> > ipv6 segfaults while booting and shutting down. As the kernel has not
> > been updated this might be a userland problem.
>
> It is, will be fixed tomorrow.

I couldn't get IPv6 to work at all. It did pick up an address with RA,
and I could ping6 the host -- but it didn't seem to _know_ that it had
picked up an address. And when I tried to configure it manually I still
couldn't get it to either do DNS lookups or accept an IPv6 address
longhand for the FTP server.

How did you manage to use it -- or did it just segfault because you had
it enabled, even though you were using Legacy IP for the install?

--
dwmw2