mirrorlist script not working right.

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 27 03:49:27 UTC 2006

On 9/26/06, Ralf Ertzinger <fedora at camperquake.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:03:45 +0200, Ola Thoresen wrote:
>
> > Here, I still only get ibiblio:
> >
> > $ links --source
> > "http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=i386&country=global"
> > # repo = rawhide country = global arch = i386
> > http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/development/$ARCH/os/
>
> I have solved this by using "arch=ppc" in fedora-development.repo. This delivers
> a list of working mirrors (and since the script returns $ARCH in the mirror urls
> this actually works)

I have been working on this and will continue to do so.  There were a
couple of issues recently that made ibiblio get stuck as the dev repo.
 As far as an FC6 blocker I'd say probably not.  This mirrors script
also works for FC5 (repo=core-5) and it hasn't had any issues.  The
biggest problem is that this is very inconsistent.  It's not the
mirrorslist portion, its the validation script that runs hourly to
verify the mirrors.  I'm monitoring it more closely now and hope to
find what is at issue.

             -Mike