alsa-oss

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 27 17:04:57 UTC 2006

Fibonacci Prower wrote:

> And when will those come out? Sure, Duke Nukem Forever might be moving
> to ALSA as well, but it won't be released anytime soon.

We wont be retaining old and obsolete API's forever. Sooner or later OSS
API is going to be dropped from the upstream kernel. If application dont
start using ALSA by then they will break. We cant prevent this.

> Actually including it instead of letting it be reviewed forever by two
> guys - who seem to be the only ones who visit the BugZilla page.

We have dozens of packages that are  waiting to be reviewed. If you are
concerned about this, you can help review the spec and point out any
packaging issues.  Follow
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines. You dont have
to be a extras contributor to help.

Rahul