Any chance of getting Firefox 2.0 into rawhide/FC6?

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 22:51:29 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:
> Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Firefox RC1 has just been released.
> > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/all-rc.html
> >
> > AFAIK, unless something comes up, FF 2.0 will be released early next month.
> > Both rawhide and FC6 still include the older FF 1.5.07.
> > Is there any plan to push FF 2.0 RC into rawhide, and after testing,
> > into FC6?
>

> There is no chance that this will happen, so it is rather pointless to
> plan to do so.

Okay, but why isn't Firefox ever put into rawhide when it's alphas and
betas become available?  It's as important as Gnome and Gaim and they
seem to get some excellent testing in rawhide.  As it is now FC7 will
have Firefox 2, but everyone will then be talking about including
Firefox 3.  I've brought it up before that Firefox should be more
thoroughly tested in rawhide but there doesn't seem to be any
interest, which I can't understand given the importance of a web
browser in a wired world.

Benjy