Any chance of getting Firefox 2.0 into rawhide/FC6?

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Sep 27 23:57:53 UTC 2006

David Nielsen wrote:
> I would also challenge your notion that Fedora never pulls in beta
> builds, I seem to recall Chris pushing such builds on us in the past
> provided we could be absolutely sure the final product would hit early
> enough not to conflict with our feature freeze.

Yeah, I pulled in Deer Park alphas and betas this time last year.  I'll
update to the 2.0 RC after FC6 is branched away so that we can get it
into rawhide.  It just won't hit FC6.

> I think Chris does a remarkable job keeping our Firefox package up to
> date within a development cycle and updates from upstream rarely lag
> behind by much even for our stable branches.

Thanks.  I try.

> Upstream provides builds with crash collection, if you really need the
> alpha builds that badly and want to help out making it stable you could
> run their build in parallel with the Fedora build maybe?

Sounds like a good idea, though I would *very strongly* suggest using a
different user account/profile to do so.  Any bugs need to get fixed
upstream first anyway, so initiative here is welcomed.