ctrl-c during boot != good

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Thu Sep 28 07:21:25 UTC 2006

Hi.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:10:48 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> The reason a kernel command line option isn't really practical
> is that the request is for the times where you don't (necessarily)
> know it's going to break until after you booted.

I think what people here (me included, to be honest) want is to
be able to disallow ctrl-c to kill services, fully knowing that
this may lead to a system that starts very slowly in certain situations.

What is the point of having a password protected BIOS, a password
protected grub and all the Unix auth stack if anyone can kill
services during boot?