rawhide report: 20060929 changes

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 29 12:39:44 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter schrieb:
> Leo wrote:
>>> gimp-print-4.2.7-22
>>> -------------------
>>> * Thu Sep 28 2006 Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> 4.2.7-22
>>> - IPv6 support (bug #198368).
>> Any plan to replace gimp-print with Gutenprint¹?
> Maybe for fc7, [...]

Well, we IMHO should ship it as official Update for FC6 that obsoletes
gimp-print (the gtk1 part could remain in Extras) -- Hardware drivers
are IMHO an crucial part of a linux-distribution and we IHMO should be
always quite up2date with kernel, X.org, Sane, Gutenprint and similar
stuff so users can use Fedora on the latest hardware (especially
hardware which itself or its drivers may be newer then FC6).

Yes, having gutenprint in Extras is better then nothing, but a lot of
ordinary users don't even know or care where there printer-drivers come
from -- those won't find gutenprint own their own.

CU
thl