Bluez packages in FC6

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Sat Sep 30 21:17:55 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 16:15 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 11:44 +0200, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> > If the old stuff is similar to what is in FC5, it is almost useless
> > anyway. It is hard to imagine that any kind of change could make it
> > worse.
>
> Can you elaborate? I've used the Bluetooth packages in FC5 almost daily
> -- with Bluetooth mouse, GPRS 'dialup' over Bluetooth phone, BNEP
> connectivity. I also use gnome-bluetooth to receive files from my phone.
>
> It doesn't seem 'almost useless' here -- what's wrong with it for you?

None of the above works for me.  I can get gnome-bluetooth to see the
phone, but it never asks for a pin, etc.  And as a result, they don't
stay paired for more than 60 seconds.

I once got a bluetooth mouse to pair.  But alas, it's scroll wheel
didn't work, and I had to do some non-obvious cmdline stuff to even get
it detected in the first place.

josh