error running yum for the first time

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 19:50:52 UTC 2006

Howdy,

I have just installed fc6t2_x64  since the upgrade processes seem to
produce a system that panics.

I get these messages from yum list all for my troubles. I just
thought someone might care about this so I'm reporting it.

George...

[root at mechanic ~]# yum clean all
Plugin "downloadonly" uses deprecated constant TYPE_INTERFACE.
Please use TYPE_INTERACTIVE instead.
Plugin "changelog" uses deprecated constant TYPE_INTERFACE.
Please use TYPE_INTERACTIVE instead.
Plugin "tsflags" uses deprecated constant TYPE_INTERFACE.
Please use TYPE_INTERACTIVE instead.
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/plugins.py:381:
DeprecationWarning: registerOpt() will go away in a future version
of Yum.
Please manipulate config.YumConf and config.RepoConf directly.
  DeprecationWarning)
Cleaning up Everything
[root at mechanic ~]# yum list all > alldayums.txt
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/plugins.py:381:
DeprecationWarning: registerOpt() will go away in a future version
of Yum.
Please manipulate config.YumConf and config.RepoConf directly.
  DeprecationWarning)

Unable to read version lock configuration: [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno
2] No such file or directory: '/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/versionlock.list'

=====
"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Will Rogers