firefox.i386 in x86_64 repo

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Sep 7 05:04:03 UTC 2006

Warren Togami <wtogami <at> redhat.com> writes:
> - Ship only i386, as that is the only useful arch.

The "only useful arch"? Can we please quit assuming everyone needs Flash? I
don't even have Flash (or any other proprietary plugin for that matter)
installed on this i386 Fedora (I don't have a 64-bit CPU or I'd use x86_64), I
don't miss it. Down with Flash ads! Especially those which disable the option
to stop the animation or script around it. (That's what I hate about
proprietary software, they keep allowing other people to try to decide what I
do with my computer.)

> - Ship both, but hide the x86_64 launcher from users.

I think even that isn't a great solution.

        Kevin Kofler