Minimal X Config File and Compiz

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Tue Sep 12 18:19:57 UTC 2006

tir, 12 09 2006 kl. 14:08 -0400, skrev Jesse Keating:
> On Tuesday 12 September 2006 13:37, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> > Sorry, I should have phrased it better. I know how to enable it by hand.
> > My question was about the self configuring X and if it was supposed to
> > be enabling composite/dri/whatever-compiz-needs automatically.
>
> A default install for me on i386, I haven't touched xorg.conf other than to
> change from i810 to intel.  I yum installed compiz, restarted X for the intel
> driver, and used system -> preferences -> more -> Desktop Effects and enabled
> it.  I get compiz goodness.

Worked entirely out of the box using my r300 based ATI Radeon 9600XT
card. No changes required. However my monitor isn't correctly detected
(IBM P92) so there's a slight offset and I believe the resolution is set
to high, I handled that in the desktop session so it only looks silly
during boot and gdm.

- David