Problems with TCPDUMP 3.9.4 so can FC6 pick up TCPDUMP 3.9.5?

Bruce Keats brucekeats at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 14:16:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am new to this list, but I was wondering if it is too late to get a new
version of TCPDUMP included in the FC6 line up?  There are some problems
with the BPF code that is generated for the DLT_PRISM_HEADER which is of
importance to me, but there are probably other fixes in the last year or so
that might be of interest to others.  My emails on the subject can be found
on the tcpdump works list (
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.tcpdump.devel) (* TCPDUMP 3.9.4 under
Fedora Core 5 seems to generate the wrong BPF for DLT_PRISM_HEADER) *.
Michael Richardson has indicated that Tcpdump 3.9.5 should be out early next
week (Sept 18).

I realize that this request is coming in a bit late, but I only discovered
the problem a couple of weeks back.

Can FC6 pick up tcpdump 3.9.5?

Thanks,
Bruce