Cross-compilers.

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 15:32:42 UTC 2006

Philip Balister wrote:
> I am still not sure why people want cross compilers in Fedora? Maybe I
> missed the very beginning of the thread.

You missed the beginning of the thread.  If you check the archives
you'll see there are as many reasons as people who are interested in
this.  For my part, I would like to see porting Fedora to new platforms
be a relatively straightforward task.

> There are a number of project dedicated to building images using cross
> tool chains. The problem is much more involved than supplying a cross
> compiler.

Well, yes, but you have to start somewhere.  Many of the people
participating in this thread use cross tools on a daily basis.

> www.openembedded.org
> buildroot

Will read up on these next...

> scratchbox

This looks pretty slick, but it requires a QEMU port in order to work.

-Brendan (blc at redhat.com)