wake-up from suspend

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Tue Sep 19 15:04:41 UTC 2006

John DeDourek píše v Út 19. 09. 2006 v 09:34 -0300:
> Dan Horák wrote:
>
> > I am seeing the same behaviour on Quanta ZW9, it has Intel chipset and
> > Ati graphics.
> >

> > 			Dan
> >

> It would be useful to know which "Ati graphics" chipset you have.
> /sbin/lspci will tell you what the OS is seeing as the graphics chip.

The chip is ATI RV350 (Mobility Radeon 9600 M10) = 1002:4e50, X driver
is "radeon" from Xorg and console is VESA framebuffer. System is
up-to-date Fedora Development.

> We have two IBM/Lenova T42 laptops: one has ATI 7500, the other ATI 9600.
> The 7500 suspends to RAM and resumes nicely; the 9600 suspends, but
> comes back with a blank screen, for both X and the console windows.
> The machines is otherwise "live" as witness that it is possible to
> do a CTRL-ALT F2 to gain a text console; login as root; and execute
> "shutdown -h".  All, of course, without seeing what you are typing,
> so you need to use the keyboard very carefully.

Now the display doesn't look to be OFF, but has a black screen with some
lighter place. Keyboard works, I can switch to the console (CTRL+ALT+F1)
and login. Killing the X server process doesn't help.

		Dan