Temporarily Disabling AIGLX?

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sat Sep 23 04:10:35 UTC 2006

Hello, all.

I've not as of yet been able to get Compiz and AIGLX eye-candy working (odd
since it was working nicely around the FC6T2 time frame). Because of this, AIGLX
doesn't seem very useful to me, and as I've been having some issues with a few
SDL/OpenGL apps, I'd like to disable it to test if it is AIGLX or something else
that is malfunctioning.

I looked through the radeon(4) and xorg.conf(5) man pages with Yelp and found
nothing useful. A google search returned an earlier post from the X.org mailing
list from Donnie Berkholz suggesting to add `Option "AIGLX" "off"` in the
ServerFlags section of the xorg.conf file. Unfortunately, that just results in
a hardlock when between when RHGB finishes and when GDM attempts to start up.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479