rawhide: 20060921 - problems.

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Sep 25 23:56:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 22:29 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Still:
>
> Downloading Packages:
> (1/2): hsqldb-1.8.0.4-3jp 100% |=========================| 1.6 MB
> 00:07
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/hsqldb-1.8.0.4-3jpp.2.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match checksum
> Trying other mirror.
> (2/2): gsf-sharp-0.8.1-1. 100% |=========================|  42 kB
> 00:00
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/gsf-sharp-0.8.1-1.fc6.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match checksum
> Trying other mirror.

Getting this too. It breaks livecd builds and potentially also OLPC
builds - however, OLPC pulls in a very small set of RPM's, "only" about
200 so perhaps OLPC is safe. Or maybe not.

But, really, a more important point is that our build system shouldn't
push broken stuff out - we'll end up breaking every derived distro.
Isn't there a way to detect and/or fix this on compose? Possibly only
push a subset of packages, e.g. those that are not broken?

Something to think about.

    David