Any chance of getting Firefox 2.0 into rawhide/FC6?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 23:14:17 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, Benjy Grogan <benjy.grogan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/06, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > > Hello all,
>
> Okay, but why isn't Firefox ever put into rawhide when it's alphas and
> betas become available?  It's as important as Gnome and Gaim and they
> seem to get some excellent testing in rawhide.  As it is now FC7 will

As far as I know its Caillon who does
Mozilla/Seamonkey/FIrefox/Thunderbird/BobsYourUncle for RHEL-2.1,
RHEL-3, RHEL-4, FCL-5, soon to be FCL-6 and FCL-devel. It might be 1-2
other people.. but that is not a lot of people to throw at a code base
close to the kernel in size.

It could also be that the two world views of always use the latest
version that the Mozilla Foundation is promoting doesnt match up well
with the "What stable version are we keeping for 5 years?"