Yet another dependency question. cups & redhat-lsb ?

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Thu Sep 28 12:18:43 UTC 2006

We get a lot of these I know, and for the most part the disk space saved
isn't worth the trouble. But then again the less junk installed on a
server the better. So on that note :

# rpm -e cups
error: Failed dependencies:
        /usr/bin/lp is needed by (installed) redhat-lsb-3.1-10.3.x86_64
        /usr/bin/lpr is needed by (installed) redhat-lsb-3.1-10.3.x86_64

If nobody can see why redhat-lsb would need lp I'll file a request.  I'd
love to get server builds as cut down as possible.