The keyring password annoyance

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Sep 29 20:54:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 11:22 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> Unfortunately, pam_keyring isn't a great answer in the general case due
> to users logging in with things other than passwords (think smartcards)
> as well as some of the weirdness around password changing and keyring
> password changing.

So, pam_keyring seems to work just fine for laptop users which is the
general and 99% use case for encrypted wireless and VPN connections. As
a data point at least SUSE does something like this, other vendors too
I'm sure.

Once a nicer solution surfaces we can always replace pam_keyring.

But, yea, it's too late to do this for FC6. Sad.

     David