Yum-presto 0.3.7 and Extras

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:56:44 UTC 2007

First off, I'd like to announce that yum-presto 0.3.7 has been pushed.
It has only minor changes from 0.3.5 and 0.3.6, none that even qualify
as bug fixes.  I have had no reports of 0.3.5 or 0.3.6 crashing on FC6,
so if you've seen it crash, please let me know.

This brings me to the second point.  Yum-presto has made it through the
Extras review process, and I'm now ready to push the first version that
will be available from Extras.  One change that must be made for the
Extras release is that the configuration file must *not* point to our
test server as it's not part of the Fedora Infrastructure.

The configuration file was never meant to be the place that presto
repositories were stored.  In a perfect world, any presto-enabled
repositories would either have the presto information in repomd.xml or
have a "deltaurl=" statement in their .repo file.  Both methods will be
ignored by yum if yum-presto isn't installed.

All that to say this: yum-presto (even from the presto repository) will
no longer point to the presto test server.  If you want to use the
presto test server, you'll need to manually edit either the presto.conf
file or the .repo file for your repository (as per the wiki page).

If anyone thinks this is a bad decision, please let me know how you
think I should do this.

Jonathan