Yum-presto 0.3.7 and Extras

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Thu Apr 5 16:10:16 UTC 2007

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 09:28:03 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Jonathan Dieter wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 07:04 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >> Jonathan Dieter wrote:
>
> >> What exactly needs to happen to make them presto-enabled?
>
> > Two things.  I need to finish the createprestorepo tool so that it works
> > pretty much identically to createrepo.
> >
> > Then Fedora Infrastructure would need to use the createprestorepo script
> > to build the deltarpms and the presto xml files for each repository.
>
> When/if you have createprestorepo ready for wider consumption, let us know.
> I'd be willing to help drive the issue wrt FESCo, or whoever else needs
> poking to make it happen.

Perhaps you can also talk a bit about the fate of repoview and whether
the new updates system will keep it alive or whether there are
short-term plans on replacing it with the PackageDB?

Meanwhile, the Extras push script runs my modified version to fight
the thousands of superfluous html file updates, and it works nicely
so far:

http://redhat.download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/repoview/ktorrent.html

If, however, there are plans on getting rid of it, it would have been
nice if that had been told last month already when I started asking
about repoview.