hal + pam update errors

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 18:02:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 13:59 -0400, Will Woods wrote:

> Maybe we need a similar workaround in multilib repositories until we
> have a proper solution in RPM? A static list of packages that are no
> longer multilib, and (optionally) the library packages that replace
> them?

For the record - as I understand it, this problem only comes up when a
package gets un-multilibbed, and we have code in anaconda to handle this
for proper system upgrades. So it only affects people testing rawhide or
doing (unsupported!) yum upgrades between releases. So the actual
severity is fairly low.

-w