New mirror layout for the merged core and extras

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Apr 6 20:00:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 10:59:55AM -0400, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 11:05 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Last time Jesse did some major adjustments on the directory layout on
> > the server (one year ago iirc -- can remember what the reasons was the
> > files were hardlinked into the new place and deleted one or two weeks
> > later in the old place; someone that regularly rsyncs with the proper
> > parameters doesn't have to download everything anew that way iirc.
> > Isn't this a option this time? Or am I missing something?
>
> That would help -- but only for people who were already mirroring
> Extras, and who have the 'proper parameters' to rsync. What are those,
> btw?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring

rsync -vaH --exclude-from=${EXCLUDES} --numeric-ids --delete --delete-after --delay-updates \
  rsync://downloadN.fedora.redhat.com/fedora-linux-core ${LOCAL_DIR}

is what I believe is recommended, for appropriate values of EXCLUDES,
N, and LOCAL_DIR.

Thanks,
Matt

--