New developer

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Apr 6 23:33:29 UTC 2007

Cody Tracy <fuse1031blue <at> hotmail.com> writes:
> This OS rocks.  My favorite flavor of linux.  I'm a C++ programmer
> pretty comfortable with Qt4 and willing to write applications.  Let me know!

Maybe you want to help out with KDE 4 packaging?

We currently have packages (packaged by me) for kdelibs4, kdepimlibs4 and
kdebase4 3.80.3 which are fully parallel-installable with KDE 3 up in the
kde-redhat unstable repo. Right now, these don't need attention, but in less
than a month, KDE 4 Alpha 1 will be out so the packages will need updating. You
may also want to help packaging some of the software new in KDE 4. Fedora 7 is
too early for a full KDE 4 desktop to replace KDE 3, but having individual KDE
4 apps run could be useful, especially if there's no KDE 3 equivalent. I hope
that Fedora 8 will come with KDE 4 as the default KDE, but some help will
probably be needed to make that happen too. (I definitely can't do this all
alone. I don't know what the other people working on KDE in Fedora are planning
for Fedora 8, as currently all the focus is obviously on Fedora 7, so I never
got around to discussing this.)

Or if you hate packaging, you could just use my packages to develop some nice
KDE 4 app and have me or somebody else package it for Fedora.

        Kevin Kofler