Mirror/server RFE: Do not remove old kernel from updates.

Riku Meskanen mesrik at cc.jyu.fi
Mon Apr 9 14:31:20 UTC 2007

Howdy,

On Apr 9, 2007, at 15:59, Gilboa Davara wrote:

> As for me, I'm back to the original -core kernel (2798?) waiting for a
> vmware fix... :(

This is actually old issue already. (.../linux/config.h disappeared
among
other things with 2.8.19 and some other macros changed which broke
quite a buch of drivers)

You can use following unofficial patch to fix it.

http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/vmware-any-any-update108.tar.gz

If you install brand new (Vmware) system, you need to
first try vmware-config.pl and once it starts prompting you
that your kernel is /usr/src/linux/... just interrupt it with ^C,
unpack the above archive, enter the directory and start
runme.pl. That will solve the issue.

Oh, and  the vmware-tools-any*.tar.gz is for fixing the
client (emulated vm) side tools.

Cheers,

:-) riku

--
               [ this .signature intentionally left blank ]