[GuidelinesChange] Prepping BuildRoot For %install

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 11:10:00 UTC 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007 23:44:07 Tom Lane wrote:
> Just outta curiosity, why is it not considered an RPM bug that every
> specfile has to take care of this detail?  Seems like it'd be trivial
> to fix it once instead of memorializing this oversight in every package
> till the end of time.

It's not that we don't consider it a bug, it's that we don't feel that this
bug can be "fixed" in rpm any time soon.  There are far bigger issues that
our RPM team are trying to tackle.  So until such time that it is fixed in
rpm, we still have to manage it correctly within our specs.  Same with
buildroot, etc...

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora