Did i just made the fastest dependency checker in the world? (198 packages in 1.5 seconds)

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Apr 11 00:17:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 19:55 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> > This isn't really a issue for fedora core development list, well, until
> > >you have a drop in replacement for yum (which might be a little while
> > >off I think).
>
> I don't think the above is quite fair -- developing tools for Fedora is
> certainly on topic. Even for non-advanced programmers.

+1.

Alternative depsolvers and discussion on how we should be doing that
should definitely happen here or on other package-mgmt-related lists.
However, a fair bit of this discussion would be best suited by various
parties reading about rpm's  version comparison and yum's dependency
resolution methods before commenting on their virtue or vice.

-sv