DeltaRPM works great on Fedora Core 6 (yum presto plugin)

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 06:46:30 UTC 2007

I installed all versions of yum-presto DeltaRPM package for Fedora
Core 6 since 0.34 and they all worked great! I didn't have any issues.
Now I run 0.38 and it works perfectly.

I can't wait to test it on Fedora 7 test 3 I have on my other machine
becuase I saw that it still needs a bit of polish to start running
fine on Fedora 7.

RPM build speed is also much better that SUSE updater!
Bravo for yum-presto team!

What experience do others have regarding yum-presto? Do you like it?
Do you have any feature ideas?

I would like to see the yum-presto status after update with bandwidth
savings in human readable notation. If I'm not wrong there was that
status in 0.34 but I didn't see it later version - correct me if I'm
overlooking it.

Thank you,
Valent from Croatia.

--