OLPC - torrent?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 16:38:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 13:08 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Sorry if this a wrong mailing list, but I don't know where to ask otherwise.
>
> I saw this article:
> http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/10/olpcs-linux-based-operating-system-available-for-download/
>
> it points to this link:
> http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/sdk/build1/livecd/
>
> but what are the differences between
> olpc-redhat-stream-sdk-build-1-20070403_1732-livecd.iso
> or
> olpc-redhat-stream-sdk-livecd.iso
> ?

Builds in the same directory are the same; I believe the generic name is
there so that one can use a non-date-dependent name for the iso and grab
something like http://blahblah/LATEST/olpc-redhat-stream-sdk-livecd.iso,
though that could also be done with symlinks.  It actually _is_ symlinks
on the filesystem, I think.

Dan