iwlwifi working anytime soon?

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Wed Apr 11 21:07:18 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 09:58 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
>> Would anyone in the know care to speculate if iwlwifi is going to work
>> anytime soon? It's been in the kernel for a month or so (at least it
>> feels like a month) and has never worked for me and many others. From
>> the kernel changelogs, it doesn't seem like much is happening with it.
>
> Can people that have been having problems with iwlwifi try with today's
> rawhide kernel (2.6.20-1.3056.fc7)?  I've had it work for me now on 4
> laptops connecting to both an unencrypted and an encrypted (WEP) access
> point where previously that was nowhere near the case ;)

Not sure if this is a driver problem, or something else.
I'm still having problems with the hardware kill switch:

iwlwifi: Intel(R) Wireless Link driver for Linux, 0.0.11k
iwlwifi: Copyright(c) 2003-2006 Intel Corporation
iwlwifi: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
iwlwifi: Radio Frequency Kill Switch is On:
iwlwifi: MAC is in deep sleep!
iwlwifi: MAC is in deep sleep!
iwlwifi: MAC is in deep sleep!

No matter how i turn the actual switch the same messages are logged when
I modprobe iwlwifi.

When I turn the switch i get these:

atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0xf1 on
isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e071 <keycode>' to make it known.
atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0xf1 on
isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e071 <keycode>' to make it known.

And if i press Fn-F2 i get the similar:

atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0x84 on
isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e004 <keycode>' to make it known.
atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0x84 on
isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e004 <keycode>' to make it known.

Any idea what the keycodes should be set to?

--