A couple of serious questions

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 17:24:22 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 12:38 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 09:30 -0700, Vlad wrote:
> > There are some distro-specific utilities that probably won’t find a
> > home in fd.o. Notable examples include the Anaconda installer, package
> > manager,
>
> True. And I noted that later in my mail but you conveniently skipped
> that part.
>
> > X.org configurator,
>
> Wrong; with xrandr 1.2 this will get fixed and the desktop environments
> can ship distro agnostic tool for this.

Actually, s-c-d kinda already has this.  rhpxl and pyxf86config are
already toolkit-agnostic, and in reality, much of the code in s-c-d
could move down to rhpxl.

I don't have any real incentive to do so though.  And I imagine that's
true for most of system-config-*.  I certainly wouldn't object if
someone wanted to do that refactoring, I'd be happy to use the result,
but when I examine my list of "things to do someday", it's, well, not
near the top.

- ajax