Getting to a final F7 feature list

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 19 03:40:15 UTC 2007

John Poelstra wrote:
> John Poelstra said the following on 04/17/2007 09:38 AM Pacific Time:
>> Now I'm off to check in and update status for each of these:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/FeatureList
>> If you are a feature owner and can get there first that would be a big
>> help.
>>
>> I'll send a summary once I am done.
>>

> Thanks to everyone who updated each feature with a status.
>
> I added one of three descriptors to each feature on the wiki page
> summarizing the features for F7.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/FeatureList
>
> IN == A good portion of the feature (or more) is completed and is
> already in F7
> OUT == Feature will not be completed in time for F7 and is not in F7
> UNCERTAIN == Status of the feature is unclear or I was unable to
> determine if the feature is in F7.

I think Fedora Directory Server would qualify as PARTIAL rather than
OUT. The base system is in after a number of patches and extensive
review to make it fit into the Fedora packaging guidelines. Though the
gui parts are not in yet I think we need to acknowledge the work done
better.

Similar situation for RANDR. The framework is in and Intel driver
supports it.

Yum enhancements planned are already in. Whether they have a significant
boost in performance or not is a entirely different question.

Rahul