Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2007-04-19

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 12:08:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 09:34 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 11:42 +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 07:10 +0000, Fedora Extras repoclosure wrote:
> > > package: uqm - 0.6.2-1.fc7.i386 from fedora-extras-development-i386
> > >   unresolved deps:
> > >      libmikmod.so.2
> >
> > these packages need to be rebuilt because of the recent update of mikmod
> > (increased libmikmod soname):
>
> Updating mikmod (and to a beta, not even a full release!) after the
> feature freeze seems like a bad idea.  What's the compelling reason that
> we shouldn't revert this change?

Yes, the latest update of mikmod should be reverted, because it's too
late and it needs some further fixes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The main motivation for me to upgrade even to a beta version of mikmod
was that the upstream is dead for a couple of years and as I can see
from the upstream project page and CVS tree, we likely won't see any
other mikmod release.

The latest mikmod has a new interface by Andrew Zabolotny and other
improvements that makes it worth to update to the latest mikmod. I'll
try to sync with the releng and package maintainers involved after F7 is
released to not to break things now.

For more info:
http://mikmod.raphnet.net/#files

Jindrich