Updates-testing on firstboot

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:47:47 UTC 2007

Luke Macken wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 04:03:42AM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 05:29:44PM +0100, Chris Brown wrote:
>>>    The current situation with updates-testing is that bug fixes tend to get
>>>    pushed straight into updates. Updates-testing gets little coverage so few
>>>    devs or testers use it. Its a vicious circle. A cursory glance show some
>>>    packages are over 5 months old.
>> I'm hoping that Bodhi[0] will eventually help improve updates-testing by allowing
>> testers to get more involved with the whole process.  Once testers can
>> provide positive/negative feedback to the devs regarding updates, I think
>> that it will become much more utilized.
>
> Also, the fact that we're going to be forcing all non-security updates
> to go into updates-testing first will help as well.

Bodhi looks really interesting. What's its proper discussion forum?

In case fedora-devel is the proper forum, a question: what happens to
updates that are in updates-testing and then fail community QA? Do their
rpms get yanked from updates-testing? It seems that today, it's
difficult to yank rpms, and the updates-testing repo has junk in it.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.testers/47277/focus=47278