Updates-testing on firstboot

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 22 20:11:25 UTC 2007

Luke Macken wrote:
> Once we have solid community involvement within the updates process
> itself, we can maybe then require n positive approvals from community
> testers, or a nudge from a Releng/QA lead in order to move a package from
> Testing->Final.

May I suggest that this process be per package? That is, for something
like a music player, it may be sufficient that a handful of people say
that it works. Still, maybe there are packages where it's not just the
community but a QA lead whose say is needed.

> John Poelstra and I have been working on Fedora update process
> flowcharts[0] to help optimize and improve our workflow. Suggestions are
> welcome.
>
> luke
>
> [0]: https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi/wiki/DesignTesting

Yeah, those look great, but they didn't answer my original question,
hence my first e-mail. Thanks for the quick response.