Updates-testing on firstboot

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 18:16:06 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 04:11:25PM -0400, Jack Tanner wrote:
> Luke Macken wrote:
> >Once we have solid community involvement within the updates process
> >itself, we can maybe then require n positive approvals from community
> >testers, or a nudge from a Releng/QA lead in order to move a package from
> >Testing->Final.
>
> May I suggest that this process be per package? That is, for something
> like a music player, it may be sufficient that a handful of people say
> that it works. Still, maybe there are packages where it's not just the
> community but a QA lead whose say is needed.

Bodhi deals with all updates on a per-package basis, so that should work
out fine.

> >John Poelstra and I have been working on Fedora update process
> >flowcharts[0] to help optimize and improve our workflow. Suggestions are
> >welcome.
> >
> >luke
> >
> >[0]: https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi/wiki/DesignTesting
>
> Yeah, those look great, but they didn't answer my original question,
> hence my first e-mail. Thanks for the quick response.

I'm in favor of yanking packages from updates-testing if they fail to
pass community testing.  This is not reflected in the current
flowcharts, but I will update them a bit later if no one sees any issues
with this.

luke