contributing a software through bugzilla

Anton Kuznetsov kuznetsovaval at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 28 02:32:05 UTC 2007

> You should understand that in the Fedora project (just like in free
> software) contributors are (in general) benevolent. And in general, when
> they are not they are overwhelemed.
Hi Pat.
I don't mind to be a benevolent contributor. The website
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join that somebody gave
me after my first announcement about my software says:
 "Make sure that you mention in the 'Review Description' field that this
is your first package, and you are seeking a sponsor. In Fedora Package
Collection, all new contributors must be sponsored"

And I asked for a sponsorship :)
> So a review and sponsorship pending
> may take very few time to be looked at if it is of interest for a sponsor
> and/or a reviewer. But it may also take a great amount of time for many
> reasons, like lack of interest from the reviewers, not enough time to
> review, and any other reason you can imagine.
The only thing I want to know is the status of the review : if it's in
progress, done or nobody interested. I don't really care about the time
of the review. I guess any contributor wants to know what's going on.

Thanks for the information that you gave me. Now I better understand the
process of the review.

Thanks,
 Anton