repotag in EPEL (was: Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070426) FESCO meeting)

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 13:30:35 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 03:50 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I've tried (and even have code) to manipulate this outside of rpm and
> it is quite messy. The problem is that you either cheat and don't use
> the same specfile, or you start fiddling with the rpm headers
> invalidtaing any signatures on the way.

So, yes. You cheat. You have the buildsystem tag the repotag onto the
end of the Release field in its local copy before it builds.

But I'd like to point out that I'm still fundamentally opposed to the
repotag, as I've yet to hear what problem it solves, aside from the
"other repos want it" problem.

~spot