Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 30 14:54:16 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
.  The Fedora KDE Live CD is specifically crafted to showcase
> KDE, whilst the Fedora Live CD is specifically crafted to put Fedora's best
> foot forward in a reasonable usable desktop that will fit on a CD.  Again, it
> is not a "GNOME" LiveCD by any means.  Many parts of it are not gnome,
> especially areas like the browser.  A Fedora GNOME LiveCD could be crafted
> that showcases a pure GNOME desktop, like the KDE LiveCD.

I already told you. This reasoning is flawed. The KDE live cd is not one
to showcase a "pure KDE desktop" just the GNOME live cd. It has Firefox
as the default browser just like GNOME.  It has dozens of GNOME
components. It might even have Evolution.

Rahul