Fedora 7 presentation (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 15:25:15 UTC 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I wasn't ask you or Jesse Keating. Would you kindly let Max Spevack
> answer what I asked him specifically please? I am not accepting what
> Jesse Keating told me because his reasoning is flawed and is based on
> him not looking at KDE live cd and assuming that it is a pure KDE
> desktop.

Let me try this again.  And once again, I'll present it in the way that I
sort of envision a "Get Fedora" web page looking:

========

GET FEDORA 7

There are several versions of Fedora 7 available, depending on your usage
needs and technical skills.

I am a basic desktop user (web browsing, office documents, etc.).
 	--> We send them to the "Fedora 7 Live CD", the one based on Gnome

I am a developer who wants a general purpose workstation (desktop,
programming tools, etc.).
 	--> We send them to the spin "Fedora 7", previously called Prime

I am an advanced user who wants to be able to pick and choose from all
available Fedora packages.
 	--> We send them to the spin "Fedora 7 Everything"

I am an expert, and I want to build my own custom spin of Fedora.
 	--> We send them to docs that explain how.

I am a curious user, and I want to browse/download custom Fedora spins
that other people or groups have created.
 	--> We send them to a page, which includes the KDE Live CD, and
 	    other custom spins that the Board has blessed.

========

This is the way I think Fedora 7's "presentation" should be done.  I'm
open to suggestions, but in general, this is what I think is right.  And
to the extent that I am involved in building the web pages for Fedora 7,
this is the sort of thing that I will push for.

Does this help, Rahul?

--Max