Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 30 16:08:13 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 20:24 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> .  The Fedora KDE Live CD is specifically crafted to showcase
>>> KDE, whilst the Fedora Live CD is specifically crafted to put Fedora's best
>>> foot forward in a reasonable usable desktop that will fit on a CD.  Again, it
>>> is not a "GNOME" LiveCD by any means.  Many parts of it are not gnome,
>>> especially areas like the browser.  A Fedora GNOME LiveCD could be crafted
>>> that showcases a pure GNOME desktop, like the KDE LiveCD.
>> I already told you. This reasoning is flawed. The KDE live cd is not one
>> to showcase a "pure KDE desktop" just the GNOME live cd. It has Firefox
>> as the default browser just like GNOME.  It has dozens of GNOME
>> components. It might even have Evolution.
>
> Huh?  Have you actually even tried the KDE live image?  Default browser
> is konqueror, default mail client is kmail, ...  evolution and firefox
> aren't even included.

I believe one of the KDE live releases did include Firefox. I haven't
tried the latest test release yet. I didn't claim that is has Evolution
now. Just that it is a possibility from the  discussions that happened.
  Gparted is going to be included in the final release. Fundamentally
there is no goal of purity of desktop environment which was my main point.

Rahul